4Front Ventures (4frontventures.com) is an Arizona-based company in the cannabis industry with operations in multiple states. The company has three service lines: retail cannabis dispensaries, cultivation facilities and a management and finance firm to support growth, regulatory compliance and operations. 4Front is a company undergoing rapid growth and scale through both organic growth and mergers and acquisitions.
“When we began, we had just a few people in our office, then we grew to 100 and continue to add staff across multiple states, expecting to be close to 1,000 employees by the end of this year,” said Leise Rosman, 4Front’s Chief Operating Officer. Leise knew they could no longer manage IT internally themselves and scale effectively at the projected pace. She also did not want to hire an in-house IT department. “Few vendors are able to work effectively with us in this growth stage,” said Leise. “We need partners who are not rigid in how they solve problems and provide services, who understand the grit required to grow and scale and can bring order to chaos. We need partners with this mindset.”
“We need partners who are not rigid in how they solve problems and provide services, who understand the grit required to grow and scale and can bring order to chaos. We need partners with this mindset.”
4Front was referred to MyTek by one of MyTek’s existing customers. When they reached out to MyTek about IT services and support, they had several pressing needs:
• Finding a better email and file sharing system than G Suite, which no longer worked for their size.
• Maintaining their cloud-based infrastructure for security and stability in a heavily-regulated industry.
• Acquiring, setting-up, maintaining and shipping hardware to new employees and dispensaries.
• Providing ongoing software updates and security to their systems across all locations.
• Supporting employee needs through a help desk and resolving issues quickly.
MyTek Supports Rapid Growth and Scale with Flexible IT Services for Arizona-Based 4Front (cont.)
“We wanted to deeply understand 4Front’s challenges and offer a solution unique to their needs and provided flexibility for growth,” said Tim Tiller, MyTek’s Chief Executive Officer. As a first step, we invited 4Front to our office to simulate and test Office 365 to see if it would address all of their needs for email and file sharing,” said Tim Tiller, MyTek CEO. After test driving all the features, tools and functions, 4Front decided on this solution to replace G Suite. Additionally, MyTek went from providing project-based support to 4Front to providing ongoing support for all aspects of the company’s IT needs through its Butler service, which includes both tactical and strategic-level resources. “They are our IT department now,” said Leise.
“We wanted to deeply understand 4Front’s challenges and offer a solution unique to their needs and provided flexibility for growth,” said Tim Tiller, MyTek’s Chief Executive Officer.
With IT now in the hands of a trusted partner, 4Front can focus on supporting their vision for continued growth. Leise cited the following benefits about their partnership with MyTek:
• Peace of mind that our IT is secure and if something goes down, it will be restored and resolved quickly – critical in our heavily regulated industry.
• Finding a cost-effective way to meet our IT needs.
• Making it easier to integrate new staff quickly, whereby they immediately have a computer set-up, access to email and IT support when needed.
• Access to MyTek’s customer portal to monitor the status of our tickets and projects, which is very helpful for communication and accountability.
• A partner that can quickly provide turnkey IT infrastructure for new dispensaries.
• Having IT issues resolved much faster than before.
• Knowing everything is optimized and that MyTek is keeping an eye out for any issues.
• Feeling like we have good counsel if there is a better way to approach our IT needs as we continue to grow.
• Having a partner that understands the startup world and can “makes it happen” even when we sometimes ask for the impossible. • Knowing IT is in good hands, as it is fundamental to every aspect of our business.
In her role as COO, Ms. Rosman provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that 4Front has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow 4Front’s operations and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency at scale. She holds a bachelor’s in organizational leadership and master’s degrees in organizational management and business from North Park University.
We deploy the magic of IT with unparalleled support to Arizona businesses. For over a decade, MyTek has provided proactive IT solutions such as technical helpdesk support, computer support, and IT consulting to growing businesses. It’s always been our goal to provide enterprise-level IT practices and solutions with predictable pricing. Our dedicated staff loves seeing our clients succeed. Your success is our success. We treat your business with the same care and strategic oversite as if it was our business.
7500 North Dobson Rd Suite 100, Scottsdale, Arizona 85256 | 623.312.2440 | mytek.net