MyTek Partners with MIKID to Support Internal IT
MIKID (MIKID.ORG) is an Arizona non-profit whose goal is to improve the
behavioral health and wellness of children and youth through a family-centered
approach. With seven locations across the state and a team of 150 plus,
Kristian Nordhaugen, IT Administrator, oversees all aspects of MIKID’s
technology. Yet, as an IT team of one, he sought a trusted IT partner to
provide support and additional resources.
When Kristian joined MIKID, he saw an opportunity to collaborate with MyTek in the
following ways to address critical issues that were causing downtime and to provide
ongoing IT support:
• Updating outdated technology company-wide
• Managing and monitoring potential malware and virus threats
• Connectivity and networking functionality issues across locations
• Loss of productivity due to technology issues
• Security issues around protecting patient data
MyTek conducted a thorough analysis of MIKID’s technology infrastructure to:
• Identify root causes of systemic problems
• Analyze the existing technology infrastructure
• Isolate sources of malware
• Address security concerns
• Thoroughly understand MIKID’s technology needs to make relevant
MyTek upgraded MIKID’s servers and managed switches and access points, transitioned
them to a cloud-based system to include O365 and upgraded firewalls to better support
the needs of the system’s infrastructure and protect confidential client data.
“The work we did helped us accomplish our goal of having an IT infrastructure that meant
less time dealing with IT issues and more time for our staff to focus on the children and
families we serve,” shared Kristian. “Our technology now helps, versus hinders us.”
Kristian noted the following strategic benefits from their partnership with MyTek:
• Having a relationship-centered IT partner, where MyTek knows us and our business.
• Freeing-up precious time to focus on daily operations and training staff on using the
new O365 tools for increased collaboration, productivity and efficiency.
• Knowing they have a partner who will always go the extra mile for them, noting that
MyTek engineers worked weekends and after hours during the upgrade process
ensuring implementation deadlines were met. during the upgrade process.
• Having a partner who promptly responds to IT issues and quickly resolves them.
• Having an updated IT infrastructure that works flawlessly, greatly reducing IT
frustration among the team and improving productivity.
“I have complete satisfaction with their staff and services. Because operations run so well with MyTek, I rarely have to contact their help desk. When I do, no matter whom I am speaking to, they know me, our business and my level of expertise each and every time. Calls are short and issues are handled quickly and accurately – one and done! MyTek has invested the time in knowing our organization, our business needs and me as an individual. I highly recommend them.”
We deploy the magic of IT with unparalleled support to Arizona businesses. For over a decade, MyTek has provided proactive IT solutions such as technical helpdesk support, computer support, and IT consulting to growing businesses. It’s always been our goal to provide enterprise-level IT practices and solutions with predictable pricing. Our dedicated staff loves seeing our clients succeed. Your success is our success. We treat your business with the same care and strategic oversite as if it was our business.
7500 North Dobson Rd Suite 100, Scottsdale, Arizona 85256 | 623.312.2440 | mytek.net