A virtual private network, otherwise known as a VPN is a critical aspect of keeping your business secure while operations are taking place outside of the office. If you currently use a VPN, you might still be wondering: What is a VPN? How do they work? What can they do and what are they not about to do? Let’s dive in.
What is a VPN?
A VPN uses encryption to create a tunnel between the device you are using and the data you are accessing. VPNs are important because if someone knows where to look, they might be able to take a peek at your data while its in transit.
What Can It Do?
- Here are some features you can expect from a VPN and why your business might want to consider getting one.
- While using public networks, they can secure your data.
- Enhances privacy and reduced online tracking
- Limited bandwidth throttling and ISP monitoring
- Limiting geo-tracking
- Accessing region-locked content
What Can’t It Do?
VPNs are great tools that can help with your business’ privacy and security but there are many things it can’t do that you should not be expecting it to do. Some of these might seem obvious and like common sense, but we thought it would be better safe than sorry.
- Protecting from various threats
- Improving password strength
- Engaging in illegal activity
- Want to Get Started with a VPN?
If you and your business are ready to take your data privacy and security seriously, MyTek is here to help. We can help you get a powerful VPN to use and can help you learn the safest and most effective ways to use it. Give us a call today at 623-312-2444 to learn more about VPNs and how they can help your business.