Champion College Services, Inc. (Champion) is an Arizona-based company with just
over 30 employees. Since 1989, they have lowered school default rates through their
programs for student loan default prevention, assisting over three million students with
making well-informed repayment choices.
Champion historically employed a full-time IT resource, assuming the responsibility to
manage their technology. When their Network Administrator of over 7 years resigned,
they decided to explore outsourcing. “Time was of the essence, as we had just a couple
weeks to onboard a new IT partner,” said Cheryl Kesson, General Manager. “We needed
to make a decision very quickly. We couldn’t afford downtime with IT as our business
depends on our employees’ ability to be productive, and IT is important to this.”
Champion explored both local and national IT managed service providers in their
decision-making process. They required a partner who could assume responsibility for
leading and servicing their technology strategy. Kesson happened to receive an email
from MyTek inviting her to have coffee with the company’s CEO Tim Tiller. She said that
email really stood out and the timing was perfect. After an initial meeting with Tiller, the
MyTek team visited Champion’s offices to learn more about their needs. MyTek also
invited Champion to visit their office in Scottsdale for a tour.
“What really impressed me was how interested they were in learning about our business
and really wanting to understand how to best meet our needs,” said Kesson. She added
that the other IT vendors they met were focused on selling their solutions instead of first
listening and learning about Champion’s business.
Champion is now a happy client of MyTek and shared these benefits about the
• A reasonable price point with pricing per user versus a flat rate regardless of users.
• Having a partner that cares about their unique IT needs and does not try to sell
them on a one-size fits all solution.
• A personal touch with direct communication with MyTek’s CEO when needed.
• Meeting Champion’s IT needs today, but assuring them that Mytek can adapt the
IT solution as needed if they decide to move from physical servers to cloud-based
in the future.
• A seamless onboarding process that went smoothly and efficiently.
• Incredible response times, which was something they were concerned about with
outsourcing since they’d been accustomed to having an in-house resource.
• The comfort of working with a local vendor who could easily be on-site when needed.
• Supporting another Arizona business.
• Recognizing a cost-savings through outsourcing without any sacrifice in customer
service or quality.
• Confident that MyTek truly cares about them as a business and has a stake in
• Peace of mind that they have a strong and secure IT infrastructure supporting
their business growth goals.
Cheryl Kesson serves as Champion College Services’ General Manager. She has been with the company for 13 years and oversees all departments and major programs and initiatives. Kesson led the five-person internal team that was responsible for interviewing, vetting and selecting a new managed IT services partner.
We deploy the magic of IT with unparalleled support to Arizona businesses. For over a decade, MyTek has provided proactive IT solutions such as technical helpdesk support, computer support, and IT consulting to growing businesses. It’s always been our goal to provide enterprise-level IT practices and solutions with predictable pricing. Our dedicated staff loves seeing our clients succeed. Your success is our success. We treat your business with the same care and strategic oversite as if it was our business.
7500 North Dobson Rd Suite 100, Scottsdale, Arizona 85256 | 623.312.2440 | mytek.net